1. The name Allen Christy was actually Matt's pen name in the past, long before this site ever existed.
2. The gathering at the campfire in the prologue is similar to that of the beginning of Part 1.
3. John and Allison's characters in the prologue are patterned after Barry and Claudette from Part 1.
4. In the prologue, when Allison surprisingly says "Jason?!", it is similar to when Suzy says it in Part 8 on the boat.
5. When Jason kills Allison in the prologue, it is supposed to have the same effect as Darth Maul's death in Star Wars: Episode One.
6. At the end of the prologue, when Jason puts his mask back on, it is supposed to be mimicking how Jason did the same thing at the beginning of Part 6.
7. In Chapter 2, Cunningham Hall is named after Sean S. Cunningham, director of Part 1.
8. In Chapter 4, Elias Tompkins' name is a subliminal tribute to Jason's father, who never appeared on film, but was written in the novelization of Part 6.
9. In Chapter 5, when the professor says "Camp Crystal Lake is jinxed!" it is a direct tribute to Enos of Part 1, who says the exact same thing.
10. In Chapter 5, when the professor says "It's got a death curse!" it is a direct tribute to Crazy Ralph of Part 1, who says the exact same thing.
11. In Chapter 5, when the professor says "Dumb Kids!" it is a direct tribute to Enos of Part 1, who says the exact same thing.
12. In Chapter 6, the tree across the road is similar to that of Part 2.
13. When Nikki gets scared by the professor with the hockey mask, it is similar to when Shelly scared Vera at the lake in the same manner in Part 3.
14. When Scott sees Jason off in the distance in Chapter 13, it is similar to when Tina saw Jason in Part 7 in the woods at the end.
15. In Chapter 18, when they see NOSAJ in the cave, it is the same inscription that was in Road Trip.
16. When Sean finds Nikki pinned to the door, it is eerily similar to how Alice found Bill in Part 1.
17. In Chapter 18, when Emmy finds the Packanack sign, it is the same camp sign from Part 2.
18. The spear impaling at the Voorhees House in Chapter 20 is a subliminal tribute to the same style of death in Part 2 with Jeff and Sandra.
19. The fight between Jason and Sean in Chapter 20 is similar to the rooftop fight between Jason and Julius in Part 8.
20. When Kevin flips out and starts to repeatedly stab Jason in Chapter 24, it is similar to Tommy flipping out in Part 4.
21. In Chapter 25, when Jason's hand shoots up from underneath the rubble of the Voorhees House, it is similar to when Jason's hand shot up through the porch in Part 7 after it was dropped on him.
22. The Six Values of Friendship, Sportsmanship, Integrity, Courage, Self-Reliance and Tolerance were the ones listed in Part 6 at Camp Forest Green (check when Jason arrives at camp).
23. Officer Miller was named after Victor Miller, who wrote Part 1.
24. Sgt. Zito is named after Joseph Zito, the director of Part 4.
25. Officer Buechler is named after John Carl Buechler, the director of Part 7.
26. At the end, when Krista asks to see Kevin, it is similar to when Trish asks to see Tommy at the end of Part 4.
27. Also at the end, Kevin ends it with a famous quote "It's over...It's finally over," a tribute to Tommy, who said the exact same thing at the end of Part 6.
Know any similarities that we don't have here? E-mail them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get credit for them.
Back To Return To Crystal Lake Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror