Dr. Loomis Narrative #1- Nothing Visually Abnormal (0:15)
Dr. Loomis Narrative #2- These Primitive Masks (0:16)
Dr. Loomis Narrative #3- Fewer And Fewer Normal Moments (0:15)
Dr. Loomis Narrative #4- Downward Slide Into This Hellish Abyss (0:08)
Dr. Loomis Narrative #5- A Mere Shape Of A Human Being (0:10)
RAINY EVENING (0:26)
9. Dr. Loomis leaves Smith's Grove on a rainy evening and signs out. He tells the guard to have a nice weekend.
NOT A MONSTER (0:36)
10. During the summer, Deborah and Dr. Loomis leave Smith's Grove and he walks her to her car. Deborah asks Loomis about potentially taking Michael to the zoo or a park, but he tells her it is not a good idea.
YOU SEEM SAD TODAY (1:45)
11. There was more dialogue during Michael's initial interview with Dr. Loomis. They also discuss the devil, and Loomis wears one of Michael's masks. Michael says when he thinks of the devil, he thinks of hollowness, blackness, and emptiness because the devil doesn't have anything inside him. He's empty. Loomis asks Michael if he feels that way, and Michael says no. Loomis tells him, "you seem sad today".
THE MEDIA (0:51)
12. Dr. Loomis walks Deborah out of Smith's Grove, and she is badgered by Taylor Madison, the reporter. Ismael comes and shoves Taylor out of the way and helps Deborah to her car. Taylor Madison asks her "do you think your son is possessed?" and "did you see this coming?"
CHRISTMAS GIFT (0:23)
13. During a Christmas-time winter scene, Dr. Loomis and Deborah leave Smith's Grove, and he comments how good the turkey and cranberry sauce was. Deborah gives Loomis a wrapped gift to thank him for helping Michael.
DEBORAH AND MICHAEL
14. There was an additional scene in the workprint with Deborah and Michael at Smith's Grove, where he repeatedly states "I need to get out of here". When she tells him that's not possible, he says, "Then I have nothing left to say". The last words he spoke in 15 years.
15. When Loomis escorts Deborah out of Smith's Grove, Nurse Wynn comes and sits with him before her death. In the alternate cut, Nurse Wynn says it is a "cute baby", and that it "couldn't be related to you", prompting Michael to flip out and kill her with the fork.
PAROLE HEARING (3:36)
16. Ismael Cruz and Noel Kluggs escort Michael to his parole hearing with Morgan Walker, Dr. Koplenson, and Councilman Edwards. Noel rips on Michael the entire walk down the hall, and Councilman Edwards tells a joke inside the room. Koplenson insists Michael is a minimum security threat, and Edwards wants to know why Dr. Loomis was not present, saying Michael is a "maximum security psycho". Walker denies Michael's transfer.
FIFTEEN YEARS LATER
17. Originally, the "Fifteen Years Later" scene begins with a newscast with Taylor Madison talking about Michael's possible transfer.
18. After seeing Taylor Madison's newscast, Morgan Walker, Dr. Koplenson, and Councilman Edwards all argue with Dr. Loomis about Michael's care. This originally preludes Loomis telling Michael he can no longer be his doctor.
19. After Loomis tells Michael he can no longer be his doctor, there's a scene showing him walking away. He suddenly stops and looks back, clearly conflicted about his decision to quit on Michael.
NIGHT SHIFT (2:48)
20. In an alternate escape scene, Michael takes the keys from Noel Kluggs' dead body and lets out all the patients. Two guards nearby are watching Night of the Living Dead, and Michael snaps the neck of one, and throws the other through a glass window. He then walks out and escapes into the front lawn. Michael takes one look back, then continues on his way.
ALTERNATE ESCAPE (3:05)
21. In another alternate escape that was used in the Workprint and Unrated DVD versions, Noel Kluggs and Kendall Jacks unlock a cell of one of the newest female inmates, then take her into Michael's room and rape her. Michael goes ballistic when they mess with his masks and kills them both. He then takes the keys and escapes.
VERY YOUNG (0:58)
22. After Loomis' speech at the college, he has a book signing and meets a student named Jane (Calico Cooper), and talks with the Dean (Richard Fancy). They discuss the issue of Nurture vs. Nature, and Loomis insists how good his book is.
HE'S OUT (1:01)
23. Morgan Walker and Dr. Koplenson discuss Michael's escape, and Loomis and the Dean discuss his presentation as they walk out of the hall. Walker calls Loomis on his cell phone and informs him of Michael's escape. Loomis flips out and says "they will see him on every street corner".
HADDONFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
24. There is an alternate cut of Laurie and Lynda leaving school. In this version, Lynda harasses another student and pours a drink over her head, then tells Laurie about her proposed cheer that got her in trouble.
ENCOUNTER WITH MICHAEL
25. When Laurie, Annie and Lynda see Michael, there are two other versions of it. One features Michael in his orange mask, and the other is just a blurry shape. When they look back, he's gone.
26. The original cemetery scene features Michael attempting to take the tombstone, while the caretaker (Ezra Buzzington) shows up at the scene in his pickup and yells at him to get out of there. Michael strangles the caretaker to death and steals the tombstone. Dr. Loomis, meanwhile, is driving into Haddonfield, and tries to get Sheriff Brackett on the phone, but his cell phone loses reception as he sees a sign for the gun store. Rob says he cut the scene because he didn't like the way Michael looked in the daylight, that it takes away from his menacing qualities.
ADOPTION AGENCY (0:29)
27. Dr. Loomis argues with an agency secretary (Adrienne Barbeau) over finding the records of the Myers baby. Loomis insists on seeing them, saying its a matter of life and death, but the secretary informs him that the records are sealed.
MISSING STONE (2:23)
28. The alternate cut of Loomis and Brackett's first meeting. This one takes place at the cemetery with a "caretaker that's gone AWOL" and a missing tombstone. The scene runs a little long, so Rob cut it. Loomis and Brackett discuss the book, reading together the line featured in the opening of the movie: "The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." Brackett offers to make Loomis a cappuccino if he comes to his office tomorrow, but Loomis tells him "death has come to your little town, sheriff". After learning the grave belongs to Judith Myers, Loomis tells Brackett, "He's Come Home".
29. After handing out the candy to the trick or treaters, Laurie leaves with Annie. At the same time Michael appears up the front sidewalk and scares the crap out of Mason Strode, who thinks he is a trick or treater. Michael then stabs him and goes inside.
30. In the workprint, Cynthia Strode is killed offscreen. In the theatrical and Unrated DVD's, the scene runs longer, and Michael snaps her neck.
31. After Michael kills the Strodes, he wanders around the house staring at his carnage, and at pictures of Laurie.
TRICK OR TREAT
32. On the Director's Cut, a title reading 'Trick Or Treat' is inserted for some reason as night falls.
VAN KILL (0:59)
33. Bob exits the house after his sex scene with Lynda, and goes to the van to get more beer. Michael was hiding in van, and yanks Bob back inside and stabs him to death.
34. In the first cut, Michael listens to "Monster Mash", not KISS's "God Of Thunder". Deborah originally danced to Alice Cooper's "Only Women Bleed", but that was later changed to Nazareth's "Love Hurts". There are also several other places where John Carpenter's original score was used, only to be replaced by rock music.
35. There was also an alternate cut of the basement scene that was never filmed, but included in the original script. In it, Michael, kneeling down, holds out the picture of him and the baby to Laurie and says, "Boo" several times. Thank God this was cut out!
36. After Loomis shoots Michael and walks Laurie back to the car, the scene runs a bit longer, and really shows how guilty he feels about quitting on Michael 15 years prior.
ALTERNATE ENDING- MICHAEL GETS GUNNED DOWN
37. After Michael grabs Laurie out of the police car, Loomis pleads with Michael to let her go. At the same time, Sheriff Brackett and the police arrive, and gun Michael down. As Loomis kneels down beside Michael, the audio of their first interview plays in the background.