1. The barn scenes featured in the film were similar to scenes in other horror franchises, including 'Friday THe 13th Part 3', 'Friday The 13th Part 5', 'Friday The 13th' (2009), 'Halloween 5', and 'Halloween II (2009).
2. The scene where Betty is approaching the barn is an homage to the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', mimicking the low angle camera shot as Pam initially approached the Sawyer House.
3. The iconic flashbulb sound recognizable to fans of the TCM franchise is heard again in this film when the photographer is taking pictures of the crime scene at the asylum.
4. Deputy Sorells (Finn Jones) also became popular in the Marvel universe, portraying the Iron Fist for its Netflix series.
5. When the escapees find the abandoned trailer in the woods, it is similar to when Erin (Jessica Biel) finds the trailer in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (2003).
6. Isaac's curb stomp style death is very similar to a similar action in the film 'American History X' (1998).
7. The scene showing Bud sleeping next to his victim is similar to the beginning of the Rob Zombie film 'The Devil's Rejects' (2005), where Otis and Baby wake up in a similar fashion.
8. During the death scene of Clarice, where she is shot in the mouth and executed by Hal Hartman, smoke is seen coming out of her mouth afterward. This is similar to when the Hitchhiker commits suicide in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (2003) and smoke comes out of her mouth soon after.
9. Lizzy emerging from the steer corpse and back into the daylight is similar to the dark to light scenes when Sally emerges into the daylight in the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (1974) as well as Denise's escape in 'House Of 1000 Corpses' (2003).
10. When Hal Hartman confronts the Sawyer clan in the barn, both Drayton and Nubbins arrive wearing sacks over their heads, much like Jason Voorhees in 'Friday The 13th Part 2', and 'Friday The 13th' (2009).
11. Jackson wears a half-mask over his face in the later stages of the film, much like Leatherface did in 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning' (2006).
12. When Lizzy and Hal attempt to escape toward the end of the film, they encounter a "bones room", with the bones of the Sawyer victims spread throughout. This is presumably the same room Pam later finds in the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (1974).
13. At the end of the film, Leatherface is shown stitching up his new face, similar to other films in the franchise, like 'Leatherface' (1990) and 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning' (2006).
14. Also at the end of the film, Jed/Leatherface is shown putting on make-up and lipstick, similar to the original film and 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation' (1994).
15. Jed/Leatherface ends up killing and wearing the faces of Hal and Lizzy, the way he did with Kemper in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (2003) and Eric in 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning' (2006).
16. The relationship between Verna and Jed is similar to that of Mrs. Voorhees and her son Jason of the 'Friday The 13th' franchise, and Norma Bates and her son Norman of the 'Psycho' franchise. She even refers to Jed as her "special boy", a nod to the original 'Friday The 13th' film.
Know any similarities that I don't have here? E-mail them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get credit for them.