1. The bus that the Man In Black gets off of stops outside the exact same store where Jamie and Rachel went to get a Halloween costume in 'Halloween 4' (1988).
DID YOU KNOW?
2. Rachel was originally supposed to be stabbed in the throat with scissors but the actress, Ellie Cornell, felt it was too gruesome an end for her character, so it was changed.
3. Donald Shanks revealed in an interview that many of the scenes involving the Man In Black had him playing the character, because of speculation that he was a blood relative of Michael Myers. He also admitted that even the writers were uncertain about the man in black's identity.
4. The Man In Black shots were re-shot in the UK for unknown reasons with an unknown British extra. The extra was uncredited.
5. The scene where Michael Myers drives a car while wearing a different kind of mask was initially scripted to have him wear a Ronald Reagan mask. However, the idea of a Reagan mask was soon rejected in order to keep the film devoid of any political subtexts. Ironically, it was a Ronald Reagan mask used in David Arquette's horror film 'The Tripper' (2006).
6. On the audio commentary for the DVD it's stated that Greg Nicotero and Wendy Kaplan (Tina) were seeing each other during filming.
7. KNB Effects had designed grotesque facial makeup for Michael Myers' unmasking towards the end of the film. The producers told them to do so as an option, either showing Michael's badly scarred face or keep it in the dark. They went for the latter.
8. In the infamous laundry chute scene, Jamie was originally stabbed in the leg but the shot was cut from the film by the MPAA because it was deemed "too disturbing". Danielle Harris still owns the prosthetic leg used in that take.
9. The laundry chute scene was filmed with 30 different sections of the laundry chute. Some were full props, others were positioned horizontally to run the camera through on a dolly, and others were various sections that had cut-out portions for filming. Although the scene was very complex, it was all shot in one night.
10. As part of the opening, an alternate scene was shot but never used. The scene shows a man who finds Michael Myers body at the beginning and removes his mask, staring at it weirdly. The filming of it can be seen in the documentary, "Inside Halloween 5".
11. For some reason, the producers chose to renovate one of the homes in Utah to recreate the Myers house instead of using the original Myers home, which would be later used in 'Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers' (1995).
12. Director Dominique Othenin-Girard's name is incorrectly spelled 'Dominique Otherin-Girard' in the opening credits.
13. In terms of his appearance, the Man In Black's wardrobe of a long, black coat and black cowboy boots, is a nod to country music singer Johnny Cash, who often wore long, black coats and black cowboy boots, thus earning him his famous nickname 'The Man In Black'.
14. This was the only 'Halloween' movie never released in Italy.
15. Moustapha Akkad has said that one of his biggest regrets about the film was killing off the character of Rachel Carruthers. In retrospect, he would've kept her alive, but she was killed in an attempt to show that no one, not even Rachel, was safe from Michael.
16. When Rachel's death scene was altered by the actress' request, it was changed in order to reflect the flashback where Jamie stabbed her foster mother in 'Halloween 4' (1988) in a similar fashion.
17. In the scene where Michael is ambushed by Dr. Loomis and beaten with a 2x4, Donald Shanks was really hit with the plank. He later admitted in an interview that one of the blows broke his nose.
18. In an article that appeared in the October 1989 issue of 'Fangoria' magazine, director Dominique Othenin-Girard claimed that the film's ending was not scripted. Donald Pleasence revealed in the same article that the film would contain the death of his character Dr. Sam Loomis, which never materialized.
Know any assorted facts that we don't have here? E-mail them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get credit for them.
Back To Halloween 5 Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror