1. To promote the movie, Chucky appeared in a tuxedo at the 1990 Horror Hall of Fame Awards. He was introduced by Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger from "A Nightmare On Elm Street").
DID YOU KNOW?
2. The film opened #1 at the box office in its debut.
3. Miss Kettlewell's death and the final showdown at the Play Pals factory were both elements that were supposed to be in the original film, but were cut and then worked into this one.
4. Creator Don Mancini stated that in an early draft of his script, the film was set during the Christmas season, which would explain why so many Good Guy dolls were in the factory during the finale.
5. Despite not reprising her role as Karen Barclay, Catherine Hicks was constantly on set to see her husband, Kevin Yagher, who operated the anatomic Chucky doll.
6. Chris Sarandon was originally going to reprise his role as Detective Mike Norris from the first film, but his scenes were cut from the film due to budgetary issues.
7. The original script had an opening scene of a court hearing dealing with the events of the previous film. Catherine Hicks was to reprise her role of Karen Barclay in this sequence, but it was cut before filming began. Elements of this scene are used later on in the series during a similar courtroom scene in 'Curse Of Chucky' (2013).
8. All of Brad Dourif's voice-over work for Chucky was recorded in advance so they could match up Chucky's mouth with the words. Because of this, Dourif rarely appeared on set. Instead, recordings of his voice would be played back for Alex Vincent to go by.
9. Beth Grant was hesitant to accept the role of Andy's strict, ill-fated teacher, Miss Kettlewell. Although Grant liked the script, she was intimidated about doing a horror film. She called her friend, actress Dinah Manoff (Maggie from the original film) asking for advice. Manoff informed her of her involvement in the first film, and sensing her positive attitude about it as a good omen, signed on.
10. The imposter Good Guy doll Tommy is named after original Child's Play director Tom Holland. It is rumored that the scenes of Tommy's demise were a shot at Holland as a way to get back at him for supposed drama surrounding the first film.
11. On the DVD commentary, creator Don Mancini states that the reason the rest of the 'Child's Play' films are released by Universal instead of MGM/UA (despite the first film being highly successful for them), was that United Artists was about to be bought out by a company that wanted to maintain a "family friendly" slate of films. The property was then gladly sold to Universal. Ironically, Qintex, the company that made the bid to purchase United Artists, dropped the deal not long after the film set up shop somewhere else.
12. In the later seasons of 'Seinfeld', in which Grace Zabriskie plays Mrs. Ross, a copy of the 'Child's Play 2' VHS tape can be spotted on the shelf in Jerry's apartment where he keeps his movies.
13. Two different scripts were commissioned at the same time, one by Don Mancini, and the other by Mark Patrick Carducci.
14. The idea of making the setting a foster home came from David Kirschner, who created the Chucky doll.
15. The marketing campaign for the film was nominated for The Hollywood Reporter Key Art Award in 1990.
16. This movie marked the film debuts of Christine Elise (Kyle) and Adam Wylie (Sammy).
17. Puppeteer guru Kevin Yagher actually ended up directing several scenes featuring Chucky, when the puppets proved problematic to work with.
18. This is the only film in the entire series that Chucky doesn't use a real gun as a weapon (although he does use a squirt gun to fool Mattson prior to suffocating him with a plastic bag).
19. The character of Grace Poole is named after the mysterious servant of Mr. Rochester in Charlotte Bronte's novel, 'Jane Eyre'.
20. Originally, the characters of Phil and Joanne were named George and Mildred.
21. The scene when Andy picks up Tommy that is really Chucky and opens up the battery and finds batteries inside is similar to the scene in the original 'Child's Play' film, where his mother picks up Chucky and finds his battery compartment empty.
22. This is Brad Dourif's favorite film of the series.
Know any assorted facts that we don't have here? E-mail them to us at: email@example.com and you will get credit for them.
Back To Child's Play 2 Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror