1. The ghost hunting aspect of this novel is similar to 'The Blair Witch Project' (1999), 'Ghost Hunters' (2004), and other movies and shows that came after it in the late 90s and the 2000s. Of course, this novel was published in 1998, so perhaps all those shows are similar to this?
2. Christine wrote a farewell piece for the school newspaper dedicated to those killed in 'The Old Myers Place', the previous book in the series.
3. The exit they take to get to Smith's Grove was the Sleepy Hollow exit, an homage to the classic story of the same name.
4. When Christine and Eddie find the experiment room, it is similar to rooms found in several films that came after it, including 'House On Haunted Hill' (1999), '13 Ghosts' (2001), and 'House Of 1000 Corpses' (2003).
5. The group finds all the car tires slashed, much like Nurse Jill did outside Haddonfield Memorial Hospital in 'Halloween II' (1981).
6. Christine losing her balance and falling in a pool of blood is similar to what happened to Jimmy in 'Halloween II' (1981).
7. Randy and Stanley were killed in the surgical room, just like Mrs. Alves in 'Halloween II' (1981).
8. Christine stating "he's here" in Chapter 15 is similar to what the Smith's Grove inmate muttered in 'Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers' (1995).
9. Christine falling down the laundry chute is similar to when Jamie did the same thing in 'Halloween 5' (1989).
10. The camera work employed throughout the book is similar to 'Halloween: Resurrection' (2002). Think they borrowed this idea as an homage to the book?
11. Michael looking down at Julie from the window is similar to when he watched sister Laurie die at the beginning of 'Halloween: Resurrection' (2002).
12. The group therapy room found at Smith's Grove was similar to the one used in 'A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors' (1987).
13. Michael attacking through a broken, splintered door and the subsequent description of his silhouette is similar to 'Halloween II' (1981), when Michael attacked Loomis and Laurie in a similar fashion.
14. Michael being injected with thorazine is similar to the beginning of the original film, when Dr. Loomis tells Marian Chambers that he wants to give him thorazine when they bring him before the judge.
15. Michael chasing Jason down the road is similar to when he did the same thing to various foes in the films, most noticeably Laurie in the original film.
16. Michael escaping at the end and the author so cleverly recalling all the areas he'd been is similar to the conclusion of the original 'Halloween' (1978).
Know any similarities that I don't have here? E-mail them to us at: email@example.com and you will get credit for them.