DID YOU KNOW?
1. Kristina Klebe (Lynda in the first Halloween) knew both Robert Curtis Brown (her father in H2) as well as Nick Mennell (her boyfriend in the first Halloween) before shooting. Rob Zombie had no idea and all the casting was random. Though when he told her about casting her boyfriend in the first film he said he was looking at a few people but he needed someone who could match her height.
2. Rob Zombie originally stated he would never do a sequel to Halloween (2007), until the studio decided to make it. Then he signed on to write and direct, because he didn't want someone to ruin his vision.
3. This is Rob Zombie's last Halloween movie. There is a new script in development for a third film, set for a 3-D release in 2012.
4. Laurie has a picture of Charles Manson over her bed. Later, after Lynda's father tries to kill Loomis, it is revealed that the gun was not loaded- just like the gun Manson follower Squeaky Fromme pointed at President Gerald Ford.
5. Tyler Mane is only the second person to portray Michael Myers twice. George P. Wilbur previously portrayed Michael in 'Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers' (1988) and 'Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers' (1995). He is also rumored to be in negotiations to reprise the role for 'Halloween 3-D' in 2011, which would make him the first person to play Michael three times.
6. This is the first Halloween movie to include Michael clearly walking around without his mask on.
7. John Carpenter was offered a cameo in the film by Rob Zombie, but he turned it down.
8. Daeg Faerch was replaced by Chase Wright Vanek as the young Michael Myers because Daeg hit a growth spurt after the previous film and was now deemed too tall to reprise that role.
9. The decision to give Laurie the name Angel as her real name was meant to emphasize her as Michael's extreme opposite.
10. Sid Haig turned down the role of Lou Martini, the owner of the Rabbit in Red, because of scheduling conflicts. Daniel Roebuck was brought back to reprise his role from the first film.
11. Danielle Harris and Jamie Lee Curtis are now tied at four appearances each in the 'Halloween' franchise. They are both behind Donald Pleasence, who starred in five films up until his death in 1995.
12. This was the first Rob Zombie movie not to star Zombie regulars Sid Haig, Bill Moseley and Tom Towles. Moseley was originally signed on to play Uncle Seymour Coffins, but had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict with another film.
13. Jeffrey Daniel Phillips plays two completely different roles in the movie: Howard Boggs and Uncle Seymour Coffins. He is only the third actor to ever play two different roles in the same film in the entire 'Halloween' franchise (the others being Nancy Loomis-Kyes and Danielle Harris). Dick Warlock actually plays three different characters, 'The Shape' (Michael Myers) and Patrolman #3 (the one that hits the Michael look-alike with his patrol car) in 'Halloween II' (1981) and 'Assassin' in 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch' (1982).
14. In the director's cut, Micheal takes off his mask and yells "Die" before stabbing Dr. Loomis. Based on this scene, it marks the first time ever in the series where Michael Myers actually speaks. This is also the first time the characters face is seen clearly.
15. This is the first film in which Michael Myers is seen eating on screen. (He is shown to have eaten a dog off screen in the original film).
16. The body count for the Director's Cut is 20 (plus the two people on-screen and the one person off in the opening dream sequence); In the theatrical cut it is 19. In both cuts, two people are not killed by Michael Myers. There is also a pit of dead bodies that Laurie avoids in the opening sequence, but it is not verified that Michael killed them.
17. Despite this being Danielle Harris's fourth appearance in a Halloween movie, this is the first in which her character has died. However, her previous character, Jamie Lloyd, was killed off after she was recast in 'Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers' (1995).
Know any assorted facts that we don't have here? E-mail them to us at: email@example.com and you will get credit for them.
Back To Halloween II Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror