ALFREDO'S BIBLE (1:13)
1. There is an alternate cut of when Alfredo is watching Michelle in the restroom. In it, Alfredo grabs a bible off of his desk nearby and says "I'm not worthy to receive you, bitch". It was cut for the religious connotations and the potential controversy it may have caused.
SARA'S DEATH (0:47)
2. The death scene for Sara was cut substantially in order to allow New Line to gain the 'R' rating for the film. There was a ton of blood and gore cut, and the scene originally lasted a lot longer. Blood splatters all over the screen during the take, and her body shakes even more violently.
SARA'S DEATH- ALTERNATE ANGLE (0:28)
3. In addition to all the blood and gore cut from Sara's death scene, there was also an alternate angle filmed, showing Leatherface sawing through her body from behind the tree she was up against. You can see Leatherface right through the tree (and Sara's body) while he's sawing away at her. It was, of course, cut to gain the 'R' rating.
FEEDING GRANDPA (0:38)
4. There is a longer version of the scene where the little girl feeds Grandpa. There is a lot more blood, and it actually shows her feeding Grandpa and the blood that goes down his throat and the front of his clothes.
RYAN'S DEATH (1:08)
5. There was a longer extended version of Ryan's death scene that actually shows the sledgehammer swinging down and striking him in the head after the little girl pulls the cord. Blood starts to splatter and she goes over and lets the cup fill with blood. After that, she takes it over to Leatherface, who accepts it and sets it on the table.
BENNY'S DEATH (0:34)
6. Originally, Benny dies in the workprint of the film. However, New Line felt that his character played well with their test audiences, so they did some re-shoots after principal photography allowing Benny to survive so he would be around for the sequel (which never materialized). In the original version, you actually see the chainsaw cut into half of Benny's head, and Leatherface then lets his body sink into the bog, followed by the chainsaw.
7. One of the original ideas in the script was that Tinker would have an obsession with chrome-plating everything, including bones of animals and his victims. This led to an early idea for his death scene to be Tinker falling into a vat of chrome and being essentially "chromed to death". This was never filmed and cut for budgetary reasons.
LEATHERFACE IN DRAG
8. There was a scene in the original script that explored Leatherface's fascination with women's clothes and makeup, as a nod to the original, where Leatherface put makeup on. In it, he would apply makeup and wear a pink ballet dress, with a leather biker jacket on the outside. This was cut from the script before filming began.
Back To Part 3 Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror