1. The prologue is basically a big tribute to the opening of the original Nightmare on Elm Street, where Tina is stalked by Freddy. In the novel, we replaced Tina with Lexi.
2. Mike and Lexi driving to school together is similar to when Jesse and Lisa drove together to school during Freddy's Revenge.
3. The newspapers that read "one, two, Freddy's coming for you" are similar to ones found in 'Freddy's Dead'.
4. Apryl's character was modeled after the intelligence of Sheila, from 'The Dream Master'.
5. The creepy janitor Steve was made as a nod to Wes Craven, who played one in 'Scream'.
6. The basic setup of Springwood High School is mirrored from what it was in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'.
7. Coach Reynolds calling the players dirtballs and telling them to hit the showers was similar to what Coach Schneider did to Jesse and Grady in 'Freddy's Revenge'.
8. Of course, the Crave Inn was originally put in 'The Dream Master' as a tribute to Wes Craven, we merely continued it on.
9. A lot of Freddy's classic lines are repeated throughout the novel. This is basically a nod to all the fans, who helped popularize some of those terms.
10. Apryl falling asleep in class was similar to when Nancy fell asleep in English class in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
11. Mr. Jacobson telling Apryl she needs a hallpass was a nod both to the hall monitor telling Nancy that in the original, and when it was repeated at the hospital in 'Wes Craven's New Nightmare'.
12. Apryl recovering in the nurse's office is a double-similarity. First, its similar to Kristen in 'The Dream Master', but its also similar to Lori in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'. They both recovered in the nurse's office as well.
13. Veronica and Apryl being captured and put into a coma is similar to when Freddy captured Joey and did the same thing in 'Dream Warriors'.
14. Mike takes Sta-Awake pills, like Nancy did in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
15. Hypnocil is mentioned as a dream suppressor, and its what was used to eliminate Freddy early in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'. The use of it here is similar, and basically a continuance of that part of the storyline.
16. Principal Shaye's death is a slightly modified version of Chase's death in 'Wes Craven's New Nightmare'. It's also somewhat similar to when Freddy trapped Dan in his truck in 'The Dream Child'.
17. A lot of the football action in the novel was inspired by movies like 'Varsity Blues', 'Friday Night Lights', and 'All The Right Moves'.
18. The whole "man in black" saga is a tribute to Stephen King, who originated a different Man in Black in his 'Dark Tower' series.
19. The Springwood Owls' team name was taken directly from Freddy Krueger's 'Tales of Terror', the mid-1990's novel series.
20. When Quinton tells Mike, "if you fall asleep, you ain't wakin' up," its similar to when Mark told Will that in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'.
21. At the end of Chapter 17, Lexi tells Tash, "whatever you do, don't fall asleep". That was a classic line originally delivered by Nancy to Glen in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
22. When Officer Jones describes Principal Shaye's crash to Sheriff Wilkinson, the sheriff asks, "what's the coroner got to say?" And Jones responds, "I don't know, he's been over there puking since he saw it." That's a tribute to when Lt. Thompson asks his fellow officer the same thing in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
23. After Freddy kills Veronica at the end of Chapter 20, he rolls his eyes in delight, just like he did when he killed Taryn in 'Dream Warriors'.
24. Freddy telling Tash, "the darker, the better" was similar to when he told Kia "how sweet, dark meat" in 'Freddy Vs. Jason'.
25. Freddy making Tash his new masterpiece was similar to when he sliced up Mark, another artist, in his comic books in 'The Dream Child'.
26. Lexi wrecking Mike's car was similar to when Alice wrecked Dan's truck in 'The Dream Master'.
27. Mike's death was a direct nod to one of the greatest kills of all-time, the fountain of blood on Glen (Johnny Depp) in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
28. Lexi's transformation in Chapter 27 is a direct tribute to when Alice did the same thing in 'The Dream Master' in one of the more memorable character scenes in the entire series.
29. The final battle was similar to Nancy's final battle with Krueger in the original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
30. Lexi finds Nancy's diary at the end, just like Jesse and Lisa did when they found it in the bedroom during 'Freddy's Revenge'.
31. The cops cleaning up the scene and putting the town on lock down was similar to what they did on 'Freddy Vs. Jason', in hopes of covering up the murder.
32. The ending was typical Freddy Krueger. There never really is an end, is there?
Know any similarities that we don't have here? E-mail them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get credit for them.
Back To Springwood Slasher Page
Back To The Lair Of Horror