1. Andy goes after Chucky with a Buddi-branded hammer, which is similar to what Chucky used in the original film to kill Maggie.
2. The car crash scene with Doreen was similar to when Chucky attacked Detective Norris in the original film.
3. Chucky turning the toys against the shoppers is similar to the beginning of 'Child's Play 3', when he used the toys to get the upper hand on Mr. Sullivan.
4. Andy going after Chucky with hedge clippers is similar to when Andy went after Chucky with a carving knife in 'Child's Play 2'.
5. At one point, a toy police car is activated and states, "Dead or alive, you are coming with me!" This is an obvious reference to 'Robocop' (1987), which was also released by Orion Pictures.
6. There are very obvious tributes to 'ET: The Extraterrestrial' (1982) throughout the movie. Chucky has a glowing finger that makes things work, Andy wears a bright red sweatshirt through most of the movie like Elliot, and Chucky learns how to do things from watching TV, just as ET does.
7. Andy initially decided to call Chucky 'Han Solo', a character made famous in the 'Star Wars' films. The new Chucky is voiced by Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in several of those films.
8. Instead of 'Good Guy' dolls, we get the 'Buddi' dolls in this one.
9. Among the accessories displayed for the 'Buddi 2' doll is a Leprechaun costume. This is most likely a nod to the 1990s slasher film series of the same name.
10. Instead of 'Play Pals' toys, we get Kaslan Industries in this one. Instead of primarily being a toy company, Kaslan is an advanced electronics industry, developing advanced robotics such as drones, camera wear and modem software.
11. The location for the Zed Mart in this film is the same store that served as 'Sir-Save-A-Lot' in 'Jumanji'. In both movies, the store becomes the center of destruction.
12. The garden tiller used in Shane's death scene has 'CP88' written in it, a direct reference to the original 'Child's Play'.
13. When Chien, the factory worker, jumps to his death in the beginning of the film, it is similar to Maggie's death in the original 1988 film. In it, Maggie is attacked by Chucky and falls to her death out the apartment window and crashes through a parked car.
14. The original Chucky is created through voodoo. In this one, Chucky is created by a disgruntled factory worker who disables all his safety parameters. This is very similar to The Simpsons 'Treehouse Of Horror' episode where the Krusty Doll is set to EVIL instead of GOOD.
Know any similarities that I don't have here? E-mail them to us at: email@example.com and you will get credit for them.